Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mini Braids Installments


Hello Ladies & Gents, tomorrow will be my first installment of mini braids on my own head. I have done this before but it was when I was about 10 or so and did my younger sisters hair. Let me tell you those braids were about the size you most Youtubers have, but with hair past the middle of her back.

I did a real good job and my sister loved it. I was just surprised she let me do it because it took so long. I got my butt in so much trouble when my mom got home and I did it while she was at work, so she didn't see it until my sister woke up the next morning.

She told me to never ever do it again because she would have to be the one to take them down. When it was time for my mom to take them down, I was getting yelled at the whole time and being told to never do this again to her hair and never that small ever again. I do have to say that the hair was looking real cute and she got a lot of compliments too.

That was the last time I've done them. So it has been over or almost 20 years since. I will be doing them to my own head. I know it will take a long time for me to do them with watching my nieces and nephew most of the day and then on Wednesday I will have to give a friend some braids , singles, or box braids, not really sure yet.

Tonight I will be washing my hair in the shower and I will go to the store in the morning and get me an avocado and make me some deep conditioner. I want my hair to be moisturized and protien balanced also when I do the braids.

I will give my hair a dusting or trim when I do the braids because I have a lot of SSK, some split ends and uneven hair. I'm really focused on keeping my hair healthy over lenght because although my hair is pretty long, when you feel the hair toward the ends you will understand why. I rather have long healthy hair than long damaged hair.

At the end of the month will be my 3 yrs being natural again since childhood. Although my hair is not where I would like it to be because seeing fellow Youtubers and how long their hair is had me believing that I was suppose to have hair growth like them, but that was not the case.

By the way, the shampoo that I am using tonight is homemade and this will be my first time trying it out I will let you know the results if I like it and the pros and cons about it. I just came to my head that I had certain things that I could make into some conditioning soap and it was just a spare of the moment thing. There will be a post along with pictures as well.

Below are a couple of pictures before I wash my hair, just took it out of a ponytail.




Sorry that the Quality is so off my Cameras batteries died.
~~Be Blessed and Stay Blessed~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be free as I am, its a free country right? Don't hold your tongue any longer... but please be respectful, none of that on this page.