Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Healthy Hair Challenge/Journe

How ya doing Ladies and Gents

I have a journey that I am embarking on. Its just making sure my hair is healthy from root to tip and is full of body and thickness. 
I'm going to tell you step by step of the process I have started to start with healthy hair. They are in no particular order.



  1. Cut off all damaged hair (split ends, ssk, frayed ends and thinning hair).
  2. I blow dried and flat ironed my hair to give it a good cut since my ends were like sand paper.
  3. Give yourself a good protein treatment followed by a moisturizing deep conditioner after the flat iron* (optional)
  4. Wash hair with twists or loose braids to prevent future tangles.
  5. Wash your hair with clarifying soap ( I used black soap).
  6. Make sure to finger comb the hair and get excess shed hair out for easier detangling. Then go over with a paddle brush.
  7. Wrap hair in old T shirt to get unnecessary water out of your hair.
  8. The last rinse of hair make sure to use cold water to close the cuticle and also gives the hair shine.
  9. You can use apple cider vinegar before or after the washing process, what ever floats your boat.
  10. I also apply the oil to my hair with braids or twists still in after I towel dry.
  11. Next style your hair in a protective style you choose to match what ever process you decide to have your hair grow.
  12. To hydrate hair day to day apply oil to hair first then spritz with water to keep hair stretched.
  13. Massage scalp daily once or twice a day.
  14. Screech hair and rub natural oils down hair shaft.
  15. Water rinse your hair to your liking
  16. Remember to massage your head and lightly scratch before wetting your hair to lift dirt and sebum.
  17. Be patient and know progress will not show over night
  18. Do not set no hair length goal, it will drive you crazy and might mess up your hair flow.
  19. Take a picture of stretched sections of your hair to keep progress of where its at but no tape measuring. That is not the purpose, we want healthy hair
  20. Cover you hair when sleeping, taking a nap or have a satin or silk pillow case. 
  21. Light spritz at night or morning or both 
  22. Stretch twists when possible to get some lenght back. wrap braids, twists around head at night 
  23. Listen to your hair it knows best.
  24. Switch things up so your scalp wont get used to what your doing then will be in that stuck phase of growth.


I will be doing an update on my progress once a week and have a tutorial on how I twist my roots. 

As always ~*BE & STAY BLESSED*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be free as I am, its a free country right? Don't hold your tongue any longer... but please be respectful, none of that on this page.