Monday, May 19, 2014

Flat Ironed Bantu Knot Out

BANTU KNOT OUT "FLAT IRONED HAIR"

Hello Ladies and Gents, I have some picture of my Bantu Knot Out on Flat Ironed Hair.
I was very quite simple with the routine. I did not use a lot of products, as I wanted my hair to flow and also I just wanted a little hold and shine without the heaviness of Gel.

Products I used:
  • Flax Seed Gel " I made myself"
  • Shea Butter Mix " Also made by myself"
The Blow Drying Process was cut in half, since I washed my hair the night before.
I applied a Little Leave in Conditioner and distributed it well into each braid.
I had about 10-12 braids in my head because of thickness.
I then added a little Grape Seed and Olive oil to my hair, then did the process of blow drying my hair in each section. The hair was still a little damp from the night before which was fine for me.

I finger combed each section then ran it by with a paddle brush to insure I got all tangles out of hair. I would then blow dry my hair doing the "tension method" mostly on the roots to half way down the hair.
I would then start to brush my hair with the paddle brush in a downward position as I'm blow drying my hair and making sure the blow dryer is close to the bristle on the brush. This ensured my hair was as straight it can be for the flat ironing process.

I flat ironed my hair 3 days prior to blow drying. I applied Shea Butter to each section mostly the ends. I made sure I did small parts when flat ironing to ensure the most straightness. I had my settings on 2, because of prior heat damage and I was cutting my hair also for a fresh start. Make sure you turn your flat iron off after a while to prevent damage from it being to hot and making other parts of your hair straigher than other parts " more on that in a later post" and clean your flat iron after half your head to have the flat iron as clean as possible.

After I flat Ironed my hair, I parted my hair in small sections and began cutting the damaged hair "split ends, ssk, and just frayed ends fading away into the light". i cut about 2-3" all together and my hair could not thank me more.

The next day I began to Bantu my hair into 14 knots with the Flax Seed Gel and Shea Butter. Remember to be light with the products, especially the gel, a little goes a long way.
Check out the Pictures below.



Before "take down"
Front View
Back View
Side View


This hairstyle lasted about 3 days before it started to fall down and loose shape, but I will def do it again. 
Be sure to check out my video I have on the Bantu process soon. I will post the link when I do and on Youtube. 
I will most def try this hair style again next it will be on blow dried hair.



~*As Always Be & Stay Blessed*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be free as I am, its a free country right? Don't hold your tongue any longer... but please be respectful, none of that on this page.