Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Complexion Issues from Woman of Color

Why as Black Females, and females of color, have to resort to this nonsense of who look better than the other because of their complexion? 
I been experiencing this my whole life and wondered when are we going to overcome this foolishness that has brainwashed is into believing one complexion is better than the other. There are times when some people consider me light skinned And other times I'm brown skinned or dark. Does it matter really if I'm dark or light? 
Here is the video below that I responded to so you can get a better understanding of what I am talking about



There is so much going on in this world and this is added to it. We also have to remember its not just in the African American community there are other nationalities who suffer with this problem. 
I met a Lady who is of Asian decent and in her village she had to stay in the sun in order not to be killed when she was a little girl because they were going around killing all the Vietnamese I believe because they were more of a white completion so she had to tan herself in order to survive. 
And I had a friend who had to lighten her skin in order for her to get a better job in Mexico and she told me when she moved here it was almost the same but not outspoken as it was where she grew up.
We are all beautiful in our own way and nobody else should tell us that. I want to stop hearing oh she pretty for a dark skinned girl or oh she ugly for a light skinned girl and a lot of times it comes from someone with the same completion. We need to start loving ourselves and others, with love you can achieve anything. Love yourself and one another world.
~~ Food For Thought~~

http://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyLuscious
https://www.facebook.com/NaturallyLusciousTresses?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be free as I am, its a free country right? Don't hold your tongue any longer... but please be respectful, none of that on this page.